How to File a Complaint

If you feel you are a victim of unfair housing practices, you should report this by filing a complaint with the Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights, 180 Westminster Street, 3rd Floor, Providence, RI, 02903 (walk-ins accepted) or call 401-222-2661 and speak directly with a Housing Intake Officer. A housing complaint form located on the "Commission's" web site: can also be downloaded, filled out and sent directly to the RI Commission for Human Right's address.

All complaints that meet jurisdiction and include state and federal fair housing violations will be automatically co-filed with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Please mention that you were referred to them from this Fair Housing Rhode Island website.

Are You a Victim of Unfair Housing Practices?

According to RI State and/or Federal Fair Housing Laws, it is illegal, based on Race, Color, National Origin, Religion, Family Status (having children under 18), Mental or Physical Disability, Marital Status, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or Expression, Age (18+), or Status as a Victim of Domestic Violence to: