About the Campaign
Fair Housing Rhode Island has formed a coordinated statewide campaign to raise awareness about State and Federal fair housing laws, bring together information and provide fair housing resources. This website is your one-stop web-based resource center for fair housing issues.
This campaign is funded by a U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Fair Housing Initiatives Program Education and Outreach grant. Rhode Island Housing has partnered in this campaign with Housing Network of Rhode Island and the Rhode Island Housing Resources Commission. The Rhode Island Commission for Human Rights serves in a consultant capacity in support of the initiative.
What are some of the benefits that Rhode Island can expect as a result of this cooperative effort?
- For Renters
- For Homebuyers
- For Organizations (lenders, Realtors, property managers)
- For Housing Developers
- For Cities and Towns
- Resource development
- To assist renters and homebuyers
- know your rights
- get answers to your questions
- recognize unfair housing practices
- know how to deal with discrimination
- enforce your fair housing rights
- To assist developers, organizations, cities and towns:
- to understand state and federal fair housing laws
- to promote fair housing practices
- to affirmatively market low-and-moderate income housing
- to ensure that local housing subsidy programs comply with Fair Housing laws and include affirmative marketing requirements